Ready to Book an Appointment?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Barefoot Really Help with My Nerve Pain?
At Barefoot, we empower people to confidently live the lives that they choose. We stay in the present with research and professional development, meaning you’ll experience the most up-to-date treatment and techniques with our nerve pain treatment Brisbane. All physiotherapists at Barefoot Physiotherapy test and treat nerve irritation every day, so you can be confident you are seeing a physio with a high level of skill in treating nerve-related conditions.
Our physios see a maximum of four clients in a row to ensure that they’re fully refreshed and focused on your specific needs and care. When you choose Barefoot Physiotherapy, you are guaranteed to receive compassionate, high-quality and professional treatment from our expert team of highly trained physiotherapists.
What Are the Specific Types of Nerve Pain?
Nerve pain can be hard to locate, making it a complex condition to understand. When a specific branch of a nerve is involved, the condition will often be named after that nerve. Here are some common examples:
- Piriformis syndrome – involves the sciatic nerve as it runs through the piriformis muscle. Often results in buttock and or leg pain
- Sciatica – pain from the sciatic nerve that may start near the lower back or buttock and travel down the back of the leg including the calf and foot.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – involving the median nerve at the inner wrist, where tight muscles or swelling can make it difficult for the nerve to move freely. This is a common condition in computer workers and pregnant women.
- Radiculopathy – a nerve entrapment at the nerve root when it exits from the spinal cord through the spinal joints. This can occur in the neck or lower back and may involve sensation changes, weakness or pain can present anywhere along the path of the nerve
While these conditions may cause nerve pain, not all nerve pain is a result of a specific condition.
What Are the Symptoms of Nerve Pain?
Symptoms of nerve pain, nerve inflammation and nerve irritation can include:
- Tingling or pins and needles sensation
- Change in skin sensation
- Feeling of tight muscles and stretching does NOT help
- Achiness in a muscle or joint
- Sharp or shooting pain
- Restricted or unco-ordinated movement
- Radiating arm or leg pain
- Buttock or shoulder blade pain
A scan or imaging is not always required for nerve pain. Our physiotherapists will ask you specific questions and perform nerve tests regarding your pain to determine if a scan is required.
What Other Services Do Barefoot Offer?
Barefoot Physiotherapy provides the best comprehensive physiotherapy available in Brisbane. We pride ourselves on our holistic and hands-on approach to physiotherapy and offer an extensive range of services. Our services are designed to help you find relief from pain and discomfort, rehabilitating your body so that you can get back on your feet.
The complete list of services we have available include:
- Neck and Back Pain Treatment
- Shoulder Pain Treatment
- Knee Pain Treatment
- TMJ Physiotherapy
- Pregnancy Physiotherapy
- Women’s Physiotherapy
- Sports Injury Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Pelvic Floor Treatment
- Chronic Fatigue Treatment
How Much Does Physio Nerve Pain Treatment Brisbane Cost?
For your first booking with Barefoot, we recommend that all our new clients book an initial consultation that costs $170 for an hour session. This 60-minute initial consultation allows us to assess your body and customise a treatment plan.
Follow up appointments range, depending on the physio, from $130 to $154 for a half-hour session. For nerve pain conditions, Barefoot Physio usually recommends having appointments close together at the beginning of treatment (only a few days between sessions). This helps facilitates quicker improvements in nerve pain symptoms.
Rebates are available for clients covered by Medicare and referred by your GP.
For those with private health insurance funds, most funds allow you to make claims for physiotherapy visits; however, this is dependent on your level of cover.
Where is Barefoot Physiotherapy Located?
Our clinic is located in the south of Brisbane, twenty minutes away from the city centre. You can find us at 28 Curzon Street in Tennyson, right next to the Brisbane Golf Club, Brisbane Tennis Centre and the beautiful Brisbane River.
Parking is available on our premises. The closest bus stop is only a five-minute walk away.
How Can I Book an Appointment with Barefoot?
If you’ve been suffering from nerve pain and are looking to book in with the best nerve pain treatment Brisbane has to offer, get in touch with the team at Barefoot Physiotherapy.
To book an appointment, new physiotherapy clients can book online for a 60-minute initial with either our expert general or senior physiotherapists.
Booking online is as simple as clicking a button, but if you prefer to book over the phone, feel free to give us a call at 1300 842 850 to have a chat with a member of our team