You are in another country, you are tired & hungry, all of your clothes need to be washed and cameras/phones need charge. This situation happens most holidays and it’s great to be prepared for this. Learning how to pack smart can avoid those ‘hangry’ moments and keep you and your travel companions loving life (& each other!)
- Pack a power board!
- Everyone needs to charge their phone and camera but we only have one travel adaptor… Plug the power board into the travel adaptor and everyone is happy! YAY!
- Pegless line & washing powder
- Whether you are camping, in a hostel or in a hotel – hang your pegless line between two trees, between bunk beds or in the bathroom and dry those freshly washed socks & jocks! Saves plugging coins into the dryer and you sitting around the machine making sure no-one steals your stuff!
- You can get stung for washing powder at your accommodation so if you have your own supply, you can be hand washing a few things in the sink or bath tub giving you more time to get out there and explore (just make sure airport security knows it’s washing powder!).
- Travel Space Bags
- Going somewhere freezing cold then somewhere really hot these holidays? Think about getting a travel space bag. It’s similar to a vacuum seal bag but you just push the air out. Keep the clothes you aren’t using in there until you need them. Saves space and gives you quite the arm workout!
Happy holidays! And safe travels!