Ready to Book an Appointment?
Ready to Book an Appointment?
Knee Pain Treatment FAQ
What Are the Most Common Knee Pain Issues and How Are They Treated?
There are diagnoses and knee pain terms that are commonly thought to be the cause of knee pain. How does Barefoot Physiotherapy treat these, and what are the terms?
- Acute Knee inflammation: This most likely presents with a direct injury or incident involving the knee. We’ll run tests on the surrounding structures and refer for imaging if there is a concern of structural injury.
- Persistent Knee pain: This can be from a range of factors and solving to work out where the issue is coming from is key. For example stiffness through the ankle can load up the knee so the knee and ankle both need treatment in order for the knee to improve.
- Knee sprains and strains: Rehabilitation involves first deloading the muscle or strained area, then teaching the body to reload it without aggravation.
- Growing pains: In younger kids, aggravating activities may need to be modified while the body copes with these changes. We use hands-on treatment to reduce the amount of pain received.
- Knee arthritis: Physio and exercise are crucial for the long-term management of knee arthritis. We’ll work individually with each client to find what treatment activities are most suitable and enjoyable.
Barefoot Physiotherapy have considerable experience in dealing with these types of injuries due to their commonality and, as such, have developed a wide range of treatment techniques that have been proven to reduce pain and inflammation. You can be confident that you’re receiving the most up-to-date, practical knee physio Brisbane has to offer, as we are constantly keeping track of the most recent developments in research and treatments.
What Other Services Do Barefoot Offer?
Barefoot Physiotherapy provides the most comprehensive physiotherapy available in Brisbane. We pride ourselves on our holistic and hands-on approach to physiotherapy, offering an extensive range of services to suit all needs. Our services are designed to help you find relief from pain and discomfort, rehabilitating your body so that you can get back on your feet.
The complete list of services we have available include:
- Neck and Back Pain Treatment
- Shoulder Pain Treatment
- Running Physiotherapy
- TMJ Physiotherapy
- Pregnancy Physiotherapy
- Incontinence Physiotherapy
- Women’s Physiotherapy
- Sports Injury Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Pelvic Floor Treatment
- Nerve Pain Treatment
- Chronic Fatigue Treatment
How Much Does Barefoot’s Knee Pain Brisbane Treatment Cost?
For your first booking with Barefoot, we recommend that all our new clients book an initial consultation that costs $170 for an hour session. This 60-minute initial consultation allows us to assess your body and customise a treatment plan.
Follow up appointments range, depending on the physio, from $142 to $154 for a half-hour session.
Rebates are available for clients covered by Medicare and referred by your GP.
For those with private health insurance funds, most funds allow you to make claims for physiotherapy visits; however, this is dependent on your level of cover.
Where is Barefoot Physiotherapy Located?
Our clinic is located in the south of Brisbane, twenty minutes away from the city centre. You can find us at 28 Curzon Street in Tennyson, right next to the Brisbane Golf Club, Brisbane Tennis Centre, and the beautiful Brisbane River.
Parking is available on our premises. The closest bus stop is only a five-minute walk away.
How Can I Book an Appointment with Barefoot Physiotherapy?
To book an appointment, new physiotherapy clients can book online for a 60-minute initial with either our expert general or senior physiotherapists.
Booking online is as simple as clicking a button, but if you prefer to book over the phone, feel free to give us a call at 1300 842 850 to have a chat with a member of our team.