We’ve had a few requests for this one: My Granola recipe that I brought in to share with the Barefoot team during our Inner Health Week
I make it different every time but roughly:
- 2 cups of raw rolled oats
- 1 cup raw, unsalted, roughly chopped mixed nuts (of your choice)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw seeds (a mix of sunflower, pumpkin & chia seeds are great)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit, chopped (optional – I never use it because I don’t like the texture and it adds extra sugar)
- 2-3 tbsp 100% maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp liquid coconut oil or other healthy cooking oil
Put in a bowl, mix together so that the maple syrup & coconut oil coat everything.
Spread out over 1-2 lined baking trays and cook until golden (the longer the crunchier!) Store in an air-tight container.
Bring to Barefoot and serve with berries and Coconut yoghurt for the 3 bears… YUM!
PS – taking care of Sal:
Step 1 – Friday: Put an extra container of yoghurt and granola in the fridge for Sal to eat on her busy afternoon
Step 2 – Monday: Throw away container filled with yoghurt and granola mush that Sal forgot to eat