I have been brushing my teeth morning and night since I was a child. The purpose of this was to make sure that when I saw the dentist for my check-up he would tell me my teeth are good and I don’t need any fillings. I am proud to say that 30 years later I am still filling-free!
So, then I thought – I need to do my muscle releases everyday (and maybe twice a day) to ensure that when I see my Physio for a tune-up they will tell me that my body is testing well and I don’t need any extra work. And since I have been doing my muscle releases everyday, this has been the case! (And the time in between my ‘tune-ups’ has been spaced out every session).
So I wanted to share with you some ways that I have been able to fit my muscle releases into my everyday life…
- Watching tv (that’s right – roll around on the ball/roller on the ground in the lounge room)
- Whilst on the phone (put the ball against the wall and roll my shoulders whilst talking)
- Waiting for the kettle to boil (easy 2 mins right there!)
- Waiting for the toast to cook or microwave to heat lunch (easy 2-5min right there as well!)
- Sitting at the movies/on the bus/ in the car (as a passenger) – placing the ball under my foot or under my thigh to release my hamstrings
- In my lunchbreak
- Talking to my housemates at home
- Wake up 10mins earlier than normal/go to bed 10min later than normal
- At the airport terminal waiting for a plane (& on the plane!)
- Before my PT or Gym session (get there 10min early – do releases!)
- Getting a massage (is this cheating? Definitely not!)
Of course this means I carry my releasing ball with me in my handbag everywhere I go and I absolutely freak out if it’s not in there (as one may do if they forget their tooth brush on a holiday). Lucky toothbrushes are easy to buy from the shop though…